Monday, March 14, 2005

Interesting Weekend

This weekend was very interesting! Friends of ours had a music gig in Detroit this weekend and they wanted to use it as a vacation time for just the two of them. Her mother was unable to watch their two children and they asked Aaron and I if we would do it. We said yes, because we know what it is like to never go anywhere without kids. The youngest is only a few months old and we haven't had a baby overnight for a long time! And the bottle feedings and diaper changing.....I had forgotten what it was like, it has been a couple of years since we had to do all of that for our own children. But, anyway, the weekend went very well. You couldn't ask for a better baby! He slept all night and was content to either play in his saucer or lay in his playpen and play with his toys!! Of course I didn't get much help from Aaron because "the baby doesn't like him"! Go figure!!!!! The little girl was good all weekend too. She played with Mikaela or watched tv, you would hardly know that she was here. Getting everyone ready for church was interesting too. I tried to time the baby's feeding so that he wouldn't get fussy during service and I think I did a pretty good job! He only jabbered during service and then snuggled back up with me and went back to sleep. I guess the only thing I really miss about having an infant is the snuggle time. Having to carry a diaper bag and infant seat around gets to be too bothersome, since I am not used to it :)
Le went to Acquire the Fire this weekend and had an awesome time. She really learned a lot through the skits and stuff that they put on......I am really glad that she had the chance to attend! She starts track practice today.....another sport season is about to make our lives hectic again! Oh well.....that is our life and I don't think I would know what to do if it were any different.
Bubba isn't feeling too well. He has a lousy head cold and is coughing. He is sitting around in his pj's today just watching tv.
Well, better go......have to get the house cleaned! Blahhhhh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home