Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Happiness

Yesterday turned into one of those times when I just wanted everyone to leave me alone and not bother me. I felt like I had no worth except to be the taxi, maid, and chef and that feeling carried over into this morning. I turned off the computer and was determined that I didn't want anything to do with it, mostly because it was my one way of "shutting down". Today though I picked up my Purpose Driven Life book and started to read about worship and what makes God smile and I realized that what I was doing was focusing on myself and not what He wanted me to do. I shouldn't worry about how and if anyone else realized how much work I do for them, but that I should be doing everything as if I am doing it for the Lord. That really put things in perspective for me!! And I went on to read about God smiles when we trust Him completely. It said that trusting God completely means having faith that he knows what is best for your life. You expect Him to keep His promises, help you with problems, and do the impossible when necessary. I wasn't looking to Him to help me and I was trying to figure out where to go and what to do next. It dawned on me that I don't have to worry about such things, He has it all planned and He knows what is best for me. I just have to have the faith to trust in Him!!!
The thought that hit home the hardest was......when you live in light of eternity, your focus changes from "How much pleasure am I getting out of life?" to "How much pleasure is God getting out of my life?" I am here for God's pleasure, not my own or anyone elses and that is how I should be living my life.

1 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger Jules said...

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men...It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

Colossians 3: 23-24

 

Post a Comment

<< Home