A Bad Afternoon
My day wasn't going to bad until I headed for work this afternoon. I dropped Bubba off at school and headed for Bryan like I always do and when I got to St. Rt. 6 and 2 I stopped for on-coming traffic before I made my turn. Just as I stepped on the gas to go, the van stalled! It would not start and I was sitting in the middle of the intersection part way into the turn!! Luckily, two different gentlemen stopped and pushed the van around the corner and off the road. The one guy got out his jump box and tried to get the van going for me, but it didn't work! The one battery cable was loose for one thing and neither of us had a pair of plyers. So, I thanked him for trying and proceded to call Aaron. Of course, all I got was his voice mail and I didn't know what to do. I finally thought to call Ray and thank goodness he was able to come and help me out. It was funny because as soon as he pulled up, so did Eric and Jeff. They put me into Ray's nice warm van while they worked on getting my van running. Ray figured out that the battery wasn't being charged by the alternator again and he suggested that he follow me home because he wasn't sure how long the charge that he just gave me would last. We made it home and I took the truck to work. And Ray fixed the heat in the truck.....the knob was broke on the temperature control and he just took the knob off and used some pliers to turn it on!! I love him so much!
I thanked God all the way home and all the way back to Bryan for keeping the semi trucks away from that intersection when I was sitting there dead in the water.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home