Saturday, November 05, 2005

Updates

For one thing.....our internet is back up and running so I am finally able to get on here and update everyone with what is going on in our family!!
Leandra finished the volleyball season last week, their last game was sectionals and they played Edon! Of course she never got any playing time with the varsity team, but she loved being there anyway. She has now started basketball season!! They have had 3 hour practices every night this week and they are practicing today (Saturday) too!! Next week they have three scrimmages and their practices will be shorter by half an hour because the boys will start their practices and they won't have the gym to themselves anymore!
My internship at the courthouse is going really well. I have only been there a couple of days, but the girls I work with are nice and it is a good work environment. I am pretty much doing the work that they don't have time to do. A lot of filing of their records and misc. jobs. I did put my resume in for a job at the courthouse (same department, different floor) for a secretarial job. I think they got like 90 resumes for that job, so I'm not sure how good my chances are for getting it. The one thing I do have on my side is that I am interning with their department and the one girl said she would go talk with them about my resume. Pray for me that if this is where God wants me then it is all in his hands!
We took the kids trick or treating last Saturday night. We had decided that instead of hasseling with costumes this year, we would just paint faces and color their hair. It was soooooo much easier because you didn't have someone tripping over a costume or the costume getting in the way and we could all enjoy just being out and having fun together!!! I am posting the pictures of the kids in their make-up! Of course Leandra didn't go with us, she went out with her friends and then they had a "positive" costume party at the church for the high school and older kids.
Thursday night I went to watch the high school classes compete in "He-man" volleyball and then Friday night they did "Powder Puff" football. Leandra was a quarterback....can you believe it, she could actually throw the ball and she made a touchdown!! It was really funny to watch the girls.
Well, I am going to get out of here for now and will try to update again soon.

1 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Jules said...

Those pictures are priceless! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home