Our Schedule
Well, the kids have now been in school for two weeks and I think we are getting into a regular schedule of everyone working/going and coming from school/practices/etc....
I have been working back at the Bryan Senior Center and will be there til the 16th because my school doesn't start til the 19th and I still am required to have worked so many hours a week. I usually leave around 7:30 am and get home around 2:45 pm. Next week I am going to go in at 7 am and work til 2 pm. The kids are usually up and dressed before I leave for school and then Aaron makes sure that they all leave on time. I call at 11 am to make sure Chad is awake and he has Bubba eat lunch and gets him off to school. After school they get home and I go through their agendas one at a time and see what homework they have and make sure they sit down and do it. After they are done, Aaron or I will check it and they put it away and their bags go in the hall closet. Everything is ready to go for the next day. After homework they do their assigned chores. We have a dry-erase board that I write a list of each child and one thing they need to do for the evening. After that is done they have plenty of time to go play and drive me crazy!! :)
I am kind of worried about what will happen once I start school because I will be gone when they get home from school and Aaron isn't much on keeping with schedules or paying attention that they aren't doing what they should be doing. It will probably be fine, but I am an organizational freak and I hate not being the one here in the evenings. I just have this awful feeling that the kids are going to start coming to me in the morning saying they didn't do their homework or something and I am just going to freak out! Not to mention what my house is going to look like in the mornings!!!! My family just does not know how to pick up after themselves if mom isn't there to say "OK, it's almost bedtime, you pick that up, and you pick that up, now go get your pj's on"!! And maybe it is just the thought of not being in control anymore, that I have to relenquish that responsibility to Aaron, but I am a wreck over it. Please just pray for my peace of mind.
God Bless and I will (hopefully) update you all soon!

1 Comments:
Whew! Busy, busy, busy!
I'll be praying for you to be able relinquish a little control and trust that God will take care of the rest.
Post a Comment
<< Home