Bubba
I went to the post office and gathered mail this morning. Ever since we moved I have been procrastinating every week about stopping at the post office. I got spoiled at the other house because they delivered to that address.
But anyway, the results from Bubba's kindergarten screening was in this whole stack of mail! The letter stated that he would be entering "regular" kindergarten next year!!! Yay!!! I am soooo happy for him. They said his strengths were vocabulary and weaknesses were fine motor skills. The vocabulary thing really threw me off. But, like Aaron said, it isn't his vocabulary that's the problem, it's his speech ability. Bubba is a very smart kid (even if I say so myself), but I was really worried about the speech problem.
I took him to the doctor on Monday and the doctor scheduled him for a hearing test. We go to Defiance for that on Tuesday and then we go to Hicksville on Friday to the ear doctor to find out the results. I pray that there is nothing wrong, that it is just him being slow to pronounce his words correctly. But at least we will know one way or another what is going on and can take care of the problem.
Bubba is not excited one little bit at the moment about going to school. He isn't like the girls when they were his age...begging to go with their older sister. I think the closer it gets to school time though, he will be more excited. Especially when we start buying school supplies and he gets the stuff like sissies!

1 Comments:
Praise God that He blessed you with a smart young man. Bubba will get excited, once he goes and starts making friends. I will pray about his tests coming up next week. Let us know how things turn out!
Love, K
Post a Comment
<< Home