Bubba's Test Results
Sorry to my family for not getting this on right away. And thank you Kayla for reminding me! :)
I took Bubba last Tuesday to Defiance and they did an extensive hearing test on him. The one where he has to sit in the sound proof box with the head phones on and raise his hand when he hears the noise in his ear. They also measured his ear with an instrument that looked like ear plugs and made sure that everything inside was moving like it should. He did very well at the testing. He just started to get really bored by the end because he was wiggling around on his chair, but I couldn't blame him. I was a long processes. I had to laugh at him the one time though because the woman was reading words to him and he had to repeat them. Well, at one point she was switching ears or something and Bubba sat in there saying "I can't heeaarrr you!" Even she got a kick out of that! When it all ended she said that his hearing seemed to be within the normal range, but we still had to go see the doctor on Friday to get the official results. So, on Friday I took him to Dr. Smith in Hicksville and he checked Bubba out. He checked his nose, mouth, and throat. He wanted to make sure that tongue was able to make the correct sounds. That the mouth (especially the soft pallet) was formed correctly. He really did an excellent job. But he found nothing wrong!!!! He said that Bubba had substitution. When he was young, he heard the wrong sound and substituted another sound for it. It will just take some work to get Bubba to say the correct letters when he is talking. More or less he has to re-train his brain and mouth! So, we are working on different words at home and if he still needs it when school starts, they will put him in speech therepy.
But for now, everything is great!!!

1 Comments:
Praise God nothing is wrong!!! It'll take a little work and some practise but Bubba is on the right track and he's a smart kid, he'll get it right! Give him a hug from us and we'll keep praying his brain relearns quickly!
Post a Comment
<< Home